Been busy. Got WDL registered as a sole proprietorship – FINALLY. Do you know how ridiculously easy it is? The stupid CBR website really needs to give a how-to. But, don’t fret me ladies … I am here to the rescue. Remember to sue Internet Explorer to access the website and also that below steps are for registering your company as a sole proprietorship only.
- Go to the CBR website.
- Go to the end of the page and click on NTN Certificate.
- Click on Apply for NTN number.
- Select New Registration, Tax Payer Type as “Individual”, add your CNIC number, your name (NOT company name at this point), enter the captcha numbers, and click OK.
- Enter your Date of Birth and Address.
- Click on “Select Activity” next to the long grey bar. This is a dropdown of various fields that you can use to select your business field from.
- Leave the rest of the fields and go to the next box that says REPRESENTATIVE on the left-hand side. (It’s a vertical blue bar covering the entire section).
- If you are going to collect the NTN yourself check the first box “Representative U/S 172” (advised) or if you want to send someone else to collect it then click on “Authorized Rep u/s 223”.
- Under SELECT choose what you think best. Pretty self-explanatory.
- Again enter CNIC (your own in case you clicked on first choice and your representative’s in case you went with the second choice) and Name.
- Enter Address, phone number and Email.
- Click SAVE.
- Leave all other fields. Scroll to the end, and click SUBMIT APPLICATION.
- CONGRATULATIONS – YOU ARE DONE.
See why I am so annoyed. This is all you have to do. UGH!I could kill the folks over yonder at CBR. :@
Will fill you in on the rest that’s going on later.