… now before you do a happy jig around the room let me warn you … though it’s true there is a way to get a PayPal account in Pakistan I won’t advise it unless you are a huge company and make a lot of money (in which case, WTH are you doing here, LOSER …. GLOATING??? :@ ) because by the time PayPal charges you it’s withdrawal fee, you pay for the wire transfer, pay the money exchange rate you are 10-15% short of your total earnings. If that wasn’t bad enough, it takes a month (if you are lucky) to 3 months for the money to reach your account because Pakistan is a “slow pay” country. Meaning (step) Uncle Sam doesn’t trust us (unjustly so??) … and they do tons of checks before they release the dough.
If somehow you are still interested (shouldn’t you be chatting with that special someone or posting disgusting mushy songs to your Facebook Wall … it is Valentine’s Day you know??) … read on.
Firstly, what do you need to get a verified PayPal account and to use it for withdrawals?
- A PayPal account (duh!) in a country where it operates (this requires a legit physical address)
- A credit card from one of the supported countries.
- You also need to be a resident of any of these countries.
Now hold your breath (or don’t) … here is a list of what you need to get a PP account in Pk:
- Beg a friend/relative/client to let you use their address in America (we are focusing on how to get it using an American address).
- Chances are you will be turned away but keep persevering.
- Once someone allows you to use their address, sign up for PayPal using it.
- Now apply for Payoneer debit card. The way to get one is to sign up for one of the many partners, apply for Payoneer through them, and ensure you have some cash in your Payoneer account before you move to the next step.
- Now log into your PP account and check that the “My Account” tab is active.
- Look under “My Account Overview” – click on “Unverified”.
- Enter your Payoneer card number, 3 digit code and billing address.
- Click “Confirm” and sign out.
- Open your Payoneer account.
- Click on “Transaction History” – search for the PP transaction with the 4-digit EXPUSE number. It takes a while for this to show so don’t get your knickers in a twist if you don’t see it right away.
- Sign into PP again.
- Under Link and Confirm Card, type in the 4-digit EXPUSE number in the transaction statement. Account status will change to “Verified”.
Now, how do you get money OUT OF PP? Good question.
- Transfer the $$$ to Payoneer card and withdraw from any bank in Pk.
Remember, you can transfer any amount from one of the affiliate sites to your Payoneer account … but if you want to transfer private funds there is a $1000 limit. You can also tackle this problem to some extent by getting a US Virtual Bank Account. However, remember there is always a risk what with the changing relationship between Pakistan and the US, and also the fact that PayPal can freeze your account at any time and leave you in a lurch.
(Info courtesy of www.ProPakistani.pk)